The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Goodbyes are so hard....

Thing have been so crazy here. Summer was great, did a lot of camping. Fed the deer up north at a refuge, my daughter was in baseball (her team took 3rd place!), my husband's family had family reunions, my great neice & nephew came up from Virginia for a visit, went swimming A LOT, and our foster baby J, (we got him at 5 days old) went to live with his birth father. (J was 17 months old when he left us on Friday, August 27th)!
There are so many emotions going through our minds & hearts right now.... I walked into church & a flood of emotions went over me & I had a hard time controling my tears. Baby J LOVED church, especially the music, & it was hard.... but a lot of hugs from my church family & we got through it.
I think what I hate the most, is that everywhere I go there is something that reminds of Baby J, A pack of water bottles makes cry because he loved to play with water bottles. A big ICE freezer where the store holds the bags of ice made me weepy, because he would open our cooler and get a piece of ice & eat it. I know I should be thankful that we have so many memories of him, but they feel like knives stabbing me over & over. Our house is the worst right now, because everything looks the same, just wholes where his stuff was. I miss him so so so much.
J's birthdad said he would keep in contact with us, and he did send us text messages Sunday with some photos attached.... but I want to hold him, I want to watch him place, I want to get his sloppy kisses!

No comments: