The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Day 4 with our "budgies"

Well, here we are at the end of day 4... Still no names for the birdies.... so we will still call them Hollie & Ivie. They are very active birds and are exploring their new environment. I've learned that Parakeets are INCREDIBLY smart birds and can learn to do acrobatic tricks, they can learn to mimic noises around them and many can even learn to talk. They thrive on attention and I love it! Ivie seems to really like to climb on the bell hanging upside down. Pretty much anytime we look over there, she is upside down. Hollie LOVES to look in the mirror and sing or chatter to herself, she also LOVES the little swing. They are consistantly playing with each other by pecking at each other, chasing each other around their cage and preening each other. I really love watching them fluff up, I'm told that means they are happy.

I took Hollie out and held her for awhile today, and Ivie flipped out, Hollie got away from me, and went right for the cage. When they take their little naps during the day they snuggle with each other. I really love having parakeets in the house.

No comments: