The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Scrapbooking in today's world


Challenge~ When you first started to scrapbook did you ever think it would be such a huge deal in todays world?


Well, to give you a little history about how I got started...


It was during hunting season 1997, and I was trying to fill my days (& nights) with activity. A friend of mine from College was having a "Scrapbooking Party" and wanted to know if I could come.... I said yes. Going into it I thought, "It will be fun for tonight, but I could NEVER get into scrapbooking!" That party was a Creative Memories class, I had some fun and purchased my first tools and supplies. That one night of fun turned into a hobby. Now almost 10 years later, what started out as a hobby has turned into an obsession! I can't get enough of it. i eat, sleep and dream about. some days I stay up until 3 in the morning just to get the right layout or poem for a page. This me...and I have to accept who I am..... A SCRAPBOOK ADDICT!!!
Now, did I ever think it would be such a huge deal in todays world when I started? No way, I would have never thought that there would be tons of websites, tons of magazines, stores all over the place, tools for any need you have and supplies gallor; I really didn't think that too many people would like this wonderful hobby. No matter what your race, religion, or social class - we have one thing in common... WE ARE SCRAPBOOK ADDICTS!
Happy Scrapping!
Sherry

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Hello there fellow addict! LOL

There are worse things we could be addicted to, right?

Maureen said...

I agree we are addicts to this wonderful hobby