The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Another death in our family!!!


We had to put our beloved friend and companion Walker to sleep this morning. He born October 29, 1995. We rescued him from the Humane Society in January 1996. He was really getting up there in age and was in a lot of pain. He couldn't hear anymore, he couldn't control his potty times, he was really having a lot of problems walking and to top it all off he was falling a lot. We noticed this weekend that his back legs and hips were out of wack and he looked in a lot pain. We also noticed that all he was doing was sleeping.


We are going to miss our baby. My husband is having a hard time, this was his buddy. I hope we did the right thing, it doesn't feel like it, because he isn't here to trip over.... he was 88 lbs :)
**********
Check out Walker's website... http://shihtzuluv_mi.tripod.com/walker.html
**********


7 comments:

renee said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I remember when we lost our dog. It was like losing one of my children.

Juliana said...

So sorry to hear about your dog. :( I hope that things look up for you soon!

emily said...

I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is a painful thing. I still remember my Maddy like it was yesterday and I lost her in 2006. They are a member of you family forever...

Bonita Rose said...

my thoughts are with u both.. xo

Sarah Coggins said...

Sherry, ((HUGS)) definitely a tough decision, but sounds like you made the right one. Now sweet Walker can have fun running & playing in Heaven without any pain. Will keep you all in my prayers.

KarenSue said...

Sorry for your loss, we've had to do this for 2 of our dogs, its a hard thing, but try to take comfort that he is now at peace.

MediMonsters said...

So sorry for the loss of your furry friend.