The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Friday, April 04, 2008

Things I've heard....

....in the last 2 months since my father's death...




  1. I don't know HOW your making it.

  2. I would be devastated.

  3. It was just your parents, not like your husband or child (yeah I heard that!).

  4. Your (mom/dad) would be so proud of you.

  5. Really, HOW are you doing it?

  6. Well, at least you weren't very close to your parents. (WHAT?!!)

  7. How are you doing?

  8. You are stronger than you think.

............. and........................


9. You remind me of your (mom/dad) so much!!


I just can't believe how much I miss my parents. Yes, I wasn't very close to my mom, but I loved her so very much!! My grandma passed away in June of 2007, so since June 2007 I've lost my grandma, my mom, my great uncle, my husband's grandpa, & my dad...so if they come in "3's" then I got one more.... but I don't think I can handle one more!! This is a pic of my dad, me and my grandma (yes there was other people in the pic, but I cropped them out because I cut around their heads, and I couldn't crop it so it looked good. So I cropped!) This pic was taken at our Vincent Family Reunion August 17, 1997; 14 days after my grandpa died.

I really love that song "Heaven" by Andy Griggs; there is a line in that says "If Heaven was a town it would be my town oh on summer day in 1985, and everything that I wanted was out there waitin' and everyone I loved was still alive...." I think if I could pick a year to go back to it would be 1994, I was married for a year and everyone I love was still alive... my grandparents (all except my grandpa Lash he died before I was born), my parents, & my sister they were still here and I would take as many pics as I could... maybe I would go back to my wedding day, so I could get more pics of my family together.

Well enough of my rambles... Have a Blessed day and Hug your loved ones and NEVER put off til tomorrow what SHOULD be done (or said) today!!

1 comment:

toners said...

Well said...sending you (((hugs)))