The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Friday Late Night Crop @ Luv 2 Scrap

Friday night was a sad but exciting night for me. It was the last Late Night Crop for my home away from Home, Luv 2 Scrap. It's the closest scrapbooking store in my area. I just love the people there. I've learned so much from not only the employees & owner of the store but from other customers that I've come to know as friends. I don't know what really draws me to that place. Even when I have no money I want to go in and just walk around or sit and talk to Louella or one of the other girls that work there. My heart fell to the bottom of my toes when I got the email. It's like another death in a long line of deaths. Michigan's economy is really bad, a lot small businesses like Luv 2 Scrap are going under because they just keep up. Not to mention high cost of gas (it was $4.25 the other day!!) and people are spending their money on bills, food and other NEEDS, not the wants of a scrapbook or supplies.



It was really exciting because she gave us this really COOL coupon, 75% off our entire purchase!!!! I felt really guilty, because I don't like gaining at someone else's expense...especially someone I count as one of my dearest friends. It was a lot of fun and I got 5 layouts finished for our family book. (I'm about a year behind, working on September 2007). I got to see a lot of friends that I haven't seen since my parents deaths and I met another lady, who I count as a new friend. It was so busy, if only it could have been that busy before...then the store wouldn't be closing.


I got 2 more pages done today, so adding those to what I did this week... I finished a total of 19 pages done this week...YAH ME!! Thanks for your comments left on my scrapping space. I've added paper racks, a lamp and a computer chair all from Luv 2 Scrap. When I went to pick up the chair Louella told my kids, "We're retiring your momma's chair," I almost started crying!!


On a personal note: The meds I am taking for the migraines and the new glasses are working...I think. I've only had 3 headaches since I got my glasses about 3 weeks ago. YAH!!! But the meds are having a weird affect on me. My face has turned into an oil slick, UGH I've had more zits than when I was a teenager!!! (Thank God for Photoshop!) And I will start crying for no reason... geesh I'm tired of that...and so is my husband!! And for those of you who want to see a pic of my new glasses... I will add one of them... I don't like my face right now, because of the oil slick make-up doesn't stay on long...I will try and get a pic before church or after...

Until my next blog update, be blessed, hug someone today - you will live longer!!

2 comments:

Krissynae said...

My LSS just announced last night that they were closing too. It is heartbreaking to see our hangouts close. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Sarah Coggins said...

I hate to hear about your LSS closing. :( We lost all of ours over the last few years. Shopping at the craft stores & A's just isn't the same.

Great photo! You look so pretty, Sherry. :) Love the glasses and glad to know your migraines are decreasing. I feel your pain there literally.