The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Daddy & Momma

Hey guys... I am doing ok. There are days that I miss my daddy & momma so much... it's really weird because I never had a great relationship with them, but now I miss them like crazy! This isn't a great pic of my parents together, but it's the only one I have of them together. It's on their wedding day August 11, 1971. My mom was 1 month preggers for me... :)!!

I really am doing better day by day. It's just so much death in so little of time.
  • June 21, 2007 - my Grandma died. My mother & I started talking again, and regaining a relationship. The last time we really had a relationship was before my other grandma's funeral in June of 2000.

  • December 6, 2007 - my momma died, and we were just starting to really reconnect.

  • December 30, 2007 - my husband's grandfather died... it was really hard because Grandpa was such a sweet guy.

  • January 9th, we had the anniversary of my sister's death, she died Jan. 9, 2006.

  • February 16, 2008 - my daddy passed.

I'm really tired of people telling me to get some grief counseling or a support group. I really don't think I need that. Thanks for all your prayers.

1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

Sherry, continuing to think about you and keep you in my prayers. My pastor sent out an email this morning for prayers for a member whose mother recently passed. His father's health is now rapidly declining and Hospice has been called. This member is recommending a book called "The ABC's of Grieving" by Harold Ivan Smith. Perhaps it would be of some comfort for you. Whatever path you take in your grief - know that it is right and ok. We all do so in our own ways. ((HUGS))