That's what my 8 year old foster son said to me when we were leaving the ER. I got a phone call from my husband at about 2:30 in the afternoon on Friday (May 11, 2007).
DH: "Where are you at?"
Me: "Driving home from the grocery store."
DH: "Your driving?"
Me: "Yeah, why? What's wrong?"
DH: "Your gonna have to go to the school and get T"
Me: "Oh no, what happened?"
DH: "Be careful while your driving okay?"
Me: "Yeah"
DH: (while laughing) "No really be careful."
Me: "Will you just tell me!!"
DH: "Yeah, you got to get T, because..." (more laughter) "...he got an eraser stuck in his ear, and they need someone to pick him up."
Me: "What???? He has what? Your joking right??"DH: "No, I'm not joking."
Me: "How did that happen?"
DH: "I don't know, I was laughing too hard and I forgot to ask."
Later at the school....
Receptionist: "He is okay, just crying hard...he'll be right down."
Me: "How did it happen?"
Receptionist: "He won't say"
Me: "Oh boy... well at least he isn't in trouble."
Me: "T what did you do?"
T: "I have an eraser in my ear" (showing me the ear...)
Me: "I don't see it, are you sure it's in there?"
T: "Yep, I tried to get it out with my pencil."
Me: "YOUR PENCIL! You put your pencil in your ear too?"
T: "Yeah" (Looking at his feet)
Me: "Why? Why did you put it in your ear, did your ear itch or something?"
T: "I don't know."
Me: "Well, we are gonna have to head to the ER"
We went to the ER, and got right in, NO WAITING, that is a miracle all by itself. The doctor asked him, "Did we learn something?" T responded, "Yeah don't put erasers in my ear!" The piece of eraser was so deep in his ear, they thought they were going to have to do more evasive procedures. But, one doctor, said, "Well, lets try irrigating it first, see if we can get it to move closer, then I can just pull it out." After the first try, the piece of eraser popped right out. During the second time, T giggled and laughed.
DH: "Where are you at?"
Me: "Driving home from the grocery store."
DH: "Your driving?"
Me: "Yeah, why? What's wrong?"
DH: "Your gonna have to go to the school and get T"
Me: "Oh no, what happened?"
DH: "Be careful while your driving okay?"
Me: "Yeah"
DH: (while laughing) "No really be careful."
Me: "Will you just tell me!!"
DH: "Yeah, you got to get T, because..." (more laughter) "...he got an eraser stuck in his ear, and they need someone to pick him up."
Me: "What???? He has what? Your joking right??"DH: "No, I'm not joking."
Me: "How did that happen?"
DH: "I don't know, I was laughing too hard and I forgot to ask."
Later at the school....
Receptionist: "He is okay, just crying hard...he'll be right down."
Me: "How did it happen?"
Receptionist: "He won't say"
Me: "Oh boy... well at least he isn't in trouble."
Me: "T what did you do?"
T: "I have an eraser in my ear" (showing me the ear...)
Me: "I don't see it, are you sure it's in there?"
T: "Yep, I tried to get it out with my pencil."
Me: "YOUR PENCIL! You put your pencil in your ear too?"
T: "Yeah" (Looking at his feet)
Me: "Why? Why did you put it in your ear, did your ear itch or something?"
T: "I don't know."
Me: "Well, we are gonna have to head to the ER"
We went to the ER, and got right in, NO WAITING, that is a miracle all by itself. The doctor asked him, "Did we learn something?" T responded, "Yeah don't put erasers in my ear!" The piece of eraser was so deep in his ear, they thought they were going to have to do more evasive procedures. But, one doctor, said, "Well, lets try irrigating it first, see if we can get it to move closer, then I can just pull it out." After the first try, the piece of eraser popped right out. During the second time, T giggled and laughed.
On the way home...
Me: "That wasn't so bad was it?"
T: "No, it was funny."
Me: "Like the doctor said.. 'What have we learned today?' was..."
T: "Not to put things in your ear."
Me: "That's right... for no reason, right?"
T: "Mommy, I was trying to be like a magician."
Me: "What?"
T: "You know how they find coins in peoples ears, I was trying to find the eraser in my ear."
Me: "Oh, T.... that's not how they do it. Why don't we go to the library and we'll find a magic trick books."
Later that night, T brings me this eraser and says, "This is the eraser were I got the piece for my ear." OH MY GOODNESS... this is THE eraser, way too funny!!

No comments:
Post a Comment