1) March 13, 1993 ~ the day I married my best friend! Marty and I were scheduled to get married October 24, 1992, but because of $$$ we had to push the date back. That day wasn't as beautiful outside as I felt on the inside. There was so much snow blowing all around and the wind was very very cold. Our church was only saspose to hold 250 people, and it was standing room only in the back of the church. Marty promised me that he would NOT smash the cake in my face... HE LIED!! All of our grandparents that were alive were there. My grandpa Lash wasn't there, he died before I was born. Most of my siblings were there, my brother Bob was the only one not there. My mom's friend wrote a really corny poem and gave it to our best man, poor Al, I felt so bad for him. But all in all... it was the BEST day of my LIFE!

2) One day when I was 10 years old, (circa 1982) I asked my grandma about an older man I remembered. "Grandma," I said "who was the old guy that used to come over and always find money in my hair or behind my ears?" Her reply was very loving, but very sad sounding. "Sherry dear, that was your great grandpa Kit. He was my step father. He would come over and see you all the time. He loved you very much. He always said you were his little princess, an Angel sent down from Heaven." I was happy, but confused at why my grandma was so sad. She told me that grandpa died the day before my birthday in 1975, and I was very sad. I kept going up to the casket and saying "Kitty up" and grabbing at my ears. She then went and got this photo out of her Bible and gave it to me, this is me and my great grandpa Kit in the summer of 1974 in his back yard in Lansing. Russell H. (Kit) Carson was born September 29, 1892 in Indiana and died April 5, 1975 in Lansing, Michigan. I love you grandpa Kit!
Well, there are a couple of my memories about my life. I have more... for sure.... Happy Mother's Day to all you mother's out there and LOVE to you all.
~Sherry

No comments:
Post a Comment