The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Broken Chain

We little knew that morning that
God was going to call your name.
In life we loved you dearly.
In death we do the same.

It broke our hearts to lose you.
You did not go alone,
for part of us went with you
the day God called you home.
You left us peaceful memories.
Your love is still our guide.
And though we cannot see you,
you are always at our side.

Our family chain is broken
and nothing seems the same,
but as God calls us one by one,
the Chain will link again.

~Unknown Author
********************************************************************************

This poem was read at my father's funeral. I am really having a hard time with my daddy's death. Please pray that I get through this... I miss my daddy and I broke down Friday night. I really don't understand why I lost my momma in December and my daddy now. Then to top this all off, January 9th was 2 years since I lost my sister Marsha. I miss her so very much. I don't know how many times I have said in the past 3 months "I wish Marsha was here" or "I wish Marsha was alive!" I know it's a lot!! My "family chain" is getting smaller and smaller. I don't have any parents left alive, no grandparents... I have some aunts & uncles... but 1/2 of them I don't really know and the other 1/2 is split 50-50 at I don't know if I can trust them or I KNOW if I can or can't trust them. I have some 1/2 brothers & a 1/2 sister, but they have their own lives and they mostly live outside of Michigan and we don't see each other very often. I have some wonderful neices and I love them, but they don't want to hang out with OLD aunt Sherry! And really most of them live outside of Michigan too. I have a wonderful husband, who loves me and takes care of me, and maybe that's all I need and I should be happy... but he isn't my "BLOOD!" Does this make any sense??
Ok, I will stop rambling. :)

No comments: