The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Saturday, February 16, 2008

My Daddy Passed Away


February 16, 2008 at about 20 minutes to twelve my daddy passed away. Two months and 10 days after my mom.
We went up to the hospital on Friday morning and we didn't leave until today after 1 PM, after we said our goodbyes. I miss my daddy sooooo much. What am I going to do without him around? The funeral will probley be Tuesday or Wednesday. I wont be around for a couple of days.

17 comments:

QueenTracy said...

I am so sorry for your lost. On July 31 I lost my dad to a brief and tragic battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 53. I wish I could say that it gets easier, but I'm just not sure that it does. I miss him every day.

I'm praying that God will fill the hole left in your life and your heart with his love.

Meghan said...

I am so sorry to hear about your daddy!

Samantha said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Daddy on December 31, 1999 at 10:15. I still miss him every day and wish I could talk to him and see him and have my kids know him better. My heart goes out to you in this time of loss. I can't imagine losing both parents so close together. Prayers are coming your way.

Marilee said...

I am so sorry, Sherry. I am praying for you and your family during this difficult time.

Maureen said...

I'm very sorry to hear you lost your daddy. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and the rest of your family during this time of pain and sarrow.

Anonymous said...

Sherry! I'm so sorry. I'll keep you in my prayers and sending 2 million cyber hugs over the ocean!

toners said...

Oh Sherry, I am so sorry. I still miss my dad every day, and he passed away in 1989 after battling stomach cancer - he was only 41. Thinking of you and sending you and your family our thoughts and (((hugs))).

Theresa said...

Oh I am so sorry. To lose your Mom first and then your Dad not even a year later just breaks my heart. Prayers sent immediately.

I've lost both of my parents too and even though it's been years there are some days when it is just really hard. I will tell you that you have the strength to get through it and you will be able to keep them alive through you.

Staci said...

Sherita, I am so very sorry for your losses. (My oldest brother and dad died less than a month apart.) You will be in my prayers.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear your news. You'll be in my prayers... (Kristi D.)

Lida said...

I am sorry for your loss I lost my dad 12 years ago and I miss him everyday. Big hugs going your way.

Bonita Rose said...

My prayers are with you dear friend... remember, his soul will always be with you.. always.

Sarah Coggins said...

Sherry, I am so sorry to read this. :( I'll be praying for you and your family. ((HUGS))

Darcey said...

So Sorry for your loss. May time ease your pain.

Royanna Fritschmann said...

I am sooooooo sorry to hear about your Daddy! I lost my Dad in 1999...and although you never get over loss and you miss them every day....with time the heart heals and finds peace.

Know you are in my prayers and thoughts!

Royanna

beckygtx said...

I am so sorry for you loss! It is so hard to lose one parent, but both has got to be just devastating! Remember lots of people are asking God to hold you close.

Benita said...

{{{Sherry}}} I'm so sorry about your Dad :( My thoughts & prayers are with you!