The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Creativity...

Why is creativity important?


Dictionary.com says that Creativity is the ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, relationships, or the like, and to create meaningful new ideas, forms, methods, interpretations, etc.; Creativity isn't just about art. We can be creative in many ways... the language we use, the sounds we make, the clothes we wear, the way we dance. Anyone can be creative even if they can't paint, dance or sing....they can SCRAPBOOK! Anyone can scrapbook, even if you don't think you can do it! I was talking to my new friend the other day, she was showing me her scrapbooks that she is working on. She made the comment "I know they're not very good, I just don't know how to do scrapping very well yet." And without thinking I commented back... "No one can tell you what is right and what is wrong, scrapbooking is about getting the memories that you and your family make. And about having fun! Going to crops, meeting new people and making lifelong memories and friends."



Now why is it important to me, well I have lots of ways that I "think" I'm creative in different areas of my life and I am surrounded by many creative people. I do crafts with my children, we have so much fun painting and creating different works of art. I love seeing my little girls' face when she is creating her masterpieces, and both my boys are so proud when they come home from school with a new "gift" for me, and when I "oooh" & "ahhh" over them they are even more prouder, makes me smile. My husband is a very creative trim carpenter and he has been creative in wood shop and art class. He has a couple of really cool snow mobile pitcures and a tin stamping of a snow mobile... he had given them to his grandparents and his grandmother gave them to him when his grandpa died. It was really awesome to see the look on my husband's face when she gave it to him. And when he shows me the stuff that he does in the houses that he works on.... man he is like a peacock. Now me, I guess I'm creative, I mean I LOVE to scrapbook and I know that is creative [to a point, I mean I scraplift a lot... shhh don't tell ;)] and people have told me that the photos I take are so creative. I sing almost every Sunday at church, and that expresses my creativeness. I write poetry, that runs in my family on my mother's side. My sister, mother, grandmother and great grandfather all wrote poems and my mother's sisters (my aunt's) also write poems, maybe some day I will share some of my or my mother's poems and my mother also crochet blankets for all her children and grandchildren. On my father's side, my grandmother did some beautiful embroidery on just about anything on top of other sewing that she did. My father and grandfather did their own kind of art when made their own fishing lures and my father created lots of leather pieces such as wallets and belts. So I have had creative people around me my whole life. And it rubbed off. :)





I believe God is the author of creativity. Really look at the world and all it's beauty. Like a sunset or a mountain top. The colors, the details, and the complexities of the many pieces that make up any of God's creations. I would like to think that when I create my art, either by photos, scrapbook pages, poems or even singing I honor God. How do you create?



These photos are just some of the art that surrounds me. I hope you enjoy them.













1 comment:

Jen Mc said...

Fabulous! I couldn't agree more.