The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

More than a Father....

More than a father, more than a friend, our love has no limit, our friendship no end. Although I cannot see you, I known I'm not alone. 'Cause my daddy's always with me, Even though we are apart, I know because you told me, you'll forever be in my heart'. Sometimes when I close my eyes, I see you sitting there in your chair and I climb on your lap and lay my head on your shoulder...and I am a child again.
By: Sherry Lyn Carsten (5-20-08)

Ok gang, I'm really missing my dad. Don't get me wrong, I miss my mom still... but my dad was there every day, my dad was my last connection to my past. With my mom, I feel there was closer, I made peace with her, and I did all I could to keep my promises to her. My dad was a different story, I was very close to my dad even though growing up was hard, once I became an adult and stuff we became closer. Ever since my grandpa died in 1997, I knew that I was left "in charge" of his things, and in the hospital. Well at the end he changed it all to his "friend" who's his ex-girlfriend...and I like her don't get me wrong, but I felt like he didn't trust me or that, well that honor was stolen from me. My dad had lung cancer and it was bad, and his suffering only got worse. I think back to those last couple days at the hospital. I know he loved me, because when I got there on Friday afternoon, I came up to the bed and leaned over and said "Daddy I'm here." and touched his hand and he grabbed my hand and wouldn't let go, even when I tried to sit down, he held on tighter.

Maybe I sould take down his photos and not look at them anymore. Maybe those are reminders....I just miss him so much. I feel like I am an orphan. I really don't have any family left. My grandparents are all gone, my siblings all live too far away, my neices & nephews all have their lives and live all over the place and both my parents are gone. Now I have some aunts and uncles but none that I am close to at all....I just feel all alone (family alone, does that make sense?). Thank God for my husband, his family and my friends... I would be alone then.

Well it's 12:22 am on Thursday and I don't feel like blogging about the blog challenge, so I will say goodbye for now...

Much Love from Michigan,
Sherry Lyn

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Lovely layout though I'm sorry for your loss and that you're feeling so alone. Glad you've got your husband, his family and your friends to help get you through these hard times...

Linda said...

I am sorry for your loss. I hope you can find peace and comfort with your husband, his family and friends.

Benita said...

{{{Sherry}}} I just posted a memorial on my blog about my sister & brother-in-law as I lost them 4 years ago today & then I read your blog & I can completely understand how you feel. I'm missing my sister terribly right now :( I know how hard it is to lose someone you love & I hope one day, you can find some peace in your father's pictures & you keep them displayed.

{{{hugs}}}

muirwoodsue said...

Sherry Lynn,
Wonderful layout. What a tribute to your Dad. When I saw the photo you posted of him yesterday sitting in the chair, I thought it was my Dad - it looked like him in his final days. He also died of lung cancer. Big hugs for you!
I'm sorry about your scrapping store closing. I live in Michigan too -but I couldn't recognize it. It is in Lake Orion/Oxford? We should get together and scrap sometime!
Sue

Noelia said...

Sherry I hope you are feeling a little better soon. I know the feeling of having a family that doesn't live close by and how it can feel lonely at times. ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

I understand how you feel. I live half way across the country from my family. It I am lucky I get to see my mother and sister once a year