Wow! That's a good question Maureen!
I have done different crops in the last 10 years of my scrapbooking life. I've gone to CM crops, they were fun...sorta. I felt out of place, because I do more than CM scrapbooking. I've had friends over to my house and that was really fun!! Except if I need something for a LO I'm out of luck...can't just go to the LSS and pick something up and hurry home, you loose your MOJO. My LSS has, since I started going there about 8 - 9 years ago, has been sold and things have changed.
The first owner was a wonderful young woman, and she is VERY talented scrapbooker too! Classes were fun and the crops were relaxing and I always got
a lot done at the crops. And when the new owner took over about 2 years ago now, (I think) I was really concerned that everything was gonna change and I wouldn't like the crops anymore.... I WAS SO TOALLY WRONG! Yes, some things changed & some stayed the same. We still get Pizza, but from Dominos not Little Ceasers. The hours changed, used to be 6 pm to 11 pm, now it's 5 pm to midnight. YEAH!! We still get some freebies, and it's different everytime! During the crops now, we have "contests" and some "make & takes" (not every crop but some big events). And the BIGGEST things I get from there is the friends I've made. Some of my best friends are the girls at Luv 2 Scrap... it's my favorite place in the whole world!!! (well next to being with my family). The photo is of the ladies that work there, well the one in the green is Jen (former owner) she has resigned and Sue is a new employee that isn't pictured. I went to one of these crops last night and got 8 pages done!!! And I think my favorite 2 page LO I can't share yet, because it's of my foster kids and I can't publish them on here. But I can tell you it was the most beautiful LO I've ever done period!!!
Oh yeah I wanted to share my new bag!
Happy Scrapping!!!
Sherry
Goal for 2007 = 325
Total LOs done to date = 157
PS. What do you all think of my new banner??? I made it on Photoshop CS3, and it's just a background and then some font, cool hey?!


2 comments:
Love your banner! Your bag is cute too. I have a black one just like it....makes going to the crop great!
Glad you're liking your LSS store!
Cute bag, bet its great fro going to crops.
Love the new banner
Post a Comment