The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Traditional vs. Digital



I have read a lot of posts on different websites and talked to many different scrapbookers of both traditional and digital scrapbooking over the last few days. And I just had to write a blog entry about my opinion [this is only MY opinion don't get all up set or freak out]

I am a "traditional" scrapbooker, I have been since Hunting Season 1997. I do most of my journalling on Microsoft Word or Excel, (I hate my handwriting!) I love printing it on vellum & I love how clean printing looks. I upload my pics onto my laptop and digitally fix things or change things or write on photos - but that is the extend of my digital scrapbook experience (my friend - she will remain nameless ;)- she calls that "bi-scraptual"). I love looking at all those beautiful pages my friend creates. A lot of my "real life" friends just don't understand why I haven't gone into digital since I have an Associates Degree in Web Page Design, with experience in Graphic Design. But, for me sitting at the computer to do a LO is just not scrapbooking. It is my creative outlet and my escape from my children (don't get me wrong... I love my kids, but there are times I just need to get away from them!) My husband watches the kids on the nights of crops at my LSS [Local Scrap Store], most of the time I run out the door but on those occasion when I am tired or just plain lazy he basically shoves me out the door, and by the end of the evening I am refreshed; and I become Sherry again, not "Mommy" or "Honey" not a referee or warden or anyone of the bad names my foster kids call me when they are mad at me... I am ME and I feel like ME. I have been interested in Digital for some time, when a friend of mine got into it, but I think I will always be a "traditional" scrapbooker, (or at the very least do a little of both).

Anyway you scrap.... HAPPY SCRAPPING!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Very cute blinkie! I'm a paper scrapper. I don't know if I could ever go digital, I think I would miss the whole hands on part of it.

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Love that blinkie! I too am a traditional scrapper although I have tried and would like to learn more about the "other side" - the digital world

Barbara Eastwick said...

Paper Therapy - it's a great thing! I love having my hands stained in ink, and glue drying under my nails! My manicurist is not pleased - but I didn't ask him! I need my paper crafting time! I do scrap digitally, but I will never give up paper. For one thing - I have way too much of it.

Jan said...

That is the cutest blinkie! I have to admit that I thought I'd just dable in the digi side, and I ended up loving it. For me it's more of a time thing. I can get so much more done digitally, so that I can slow down and enjoy my traditional scrapping. I still love getting my hands on paper too!! : )

toners said...

Great entry :) I've done a couple of digi layouts but it's just not the same fun for me. A huge part of the process for me is touching all the papers, embellies, etc. - and seeing that 3D result at the end :)