The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Thursday, January 10, 2008

2 peas challenge & update on the 40 days of scrapping purpose

Hey guys. The 2 peas Challenge is~ Let's share our oldest layout.

Here is my oldest page that I have scanned. This is probley the 5th or 6th Layout that I did. This is of my Grandpa & Grandma Lash. As you can see, I did thing very basic and used stickers a lot. :)

*************************************************************************************************
Now onto the 40 Days of Scrapping Purpose; I have to show you Days 18, 19, 20 & 21.

Day 18: Doesn't anyboy stay in one place any more?


Journaling: "If my shoes could talk... the things they would tell you. Sometimes I think they know their way to my favorite places... the scrapbook store, the library, the photo lab at Walmart, I could go on & on... they also know the way to the school, to the doctors, and to all those other motherly places...but I think my shoes are crying out, DON'T YOU EVER STAY AT HOME!?"

Credits: Everything is by Pineapple Plantation Designs by Shauna Burke Smith. Font: Title - Stringbean, journaling - Segoe Print

Day 19: Where do I go from here?


Journaling: "If only I knew........where to go from this place. My SCRAPPING LEGACY...Hmmmm... I really want to createa scrapbook with all these great photos I have aquired from my mom’s estate. I really just need to sit down and do some tradional pages to finish up the books that I have started, which they're quite a lot of them! I would like to start doing more challenges & get on a few design teams for 2008. But as far as my “scrapping legacy” I just don’t know!"

Quote on Post Card: "To see your journey through the wisdom of the heart is to know that everything is happening as it is meant to. -Flavia"

Credits: Map of North & South America from http://www.oldprintshop.com/maps.htm, Elements by Raspberry Road. Font: Title - Dreamed About You, journaling - 2 peas Plain Jane, House & Compass is 2 peas GGs Love Me.


Day 20: Simple Treasures...Simple Pleasures


Journaling: "I love the Victorian era, my two favorite movies based on the books by Jane Austin. I found the painting of the woman and the cross at an auction, I just loved it. The clock was left to me by my neighbor, it's very old and doesn't work anymore, I've had it for years. My newest treasures are the dolls my mother left me, the statue of the indains and the jewerly box full of jewerly."

Credit: Background paper, tag, button by Raspberry Road; Brown paper, transparent by Royanna Fritschmann (40 days of scrapping purpose) & the Thread on the button by Princess Lala Designs (from the goodie bag).


Day 21: Through your eyes

Journaling: "Oh the sparkle in Momma’s eyes...there’s a love that goes deep inside. Everytime she sees her children the glow of love radiates. Everyone says that I look just like my mom, well okay I do... I pray that when you look into my eyes you will see the sparkle of love in them!"

Credits: Paper & Overlay by by Royanna Fritschmann (40 days of scrapping purpose freebie)

5 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Sherry, so glad you shared one of your first pages! Isn't funny how many stickers we used to use? :) Wonderful that you have those treasured photos of your grandparents.

Love all the digi LOs! You're rocking those. The last one really caught my eye - such sweet journaling and beautiful photos. tfs!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wow, Sherry, I love coming over here and checking out ALL your scrappings. You are a scrap factory, girl! Hey, one good thing about the blogger challenge today, most everyone is better today than they were on their first LO, huh? Silver lining to it.

Hey, a legacy does not have to be known to work on making it. I read that somewhere...

MangoMama said...

What a great first layout (well, one of your firsts). Mine were very primitive. LOL I'll see if I get brave enough to post it!

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing one of your first papges, I used a lot of stickers too.

Great digi layouts! I love theone about your shoes.

Maureen said...

I love seeing your latest work. Nice layouts