The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

Hey guys... I'm really busy lately. My father is now in the hospital, please pray for him, his red blood cells are low, and he is dehydrated....but is doing fine.

I wanted to update ya'll on the 40 day challenge...

Day 25: Once upon a time...


Journaling: "I was 7-years old, and the one thing that I loved the most was playing 'dress-up!' My mom & step dad got me these really cool dresses, some costume jewelry and this AWESOME sun-hat isn't it just the coolest?"

Photos from the summer of 1979

Credits: Raspberry Road



Day 26: Time Capsule (the year was... 1972)



Journaling:

  • U.S. Apollo 16 astronauts Charles M. Duke Jr., Thomas K. Mattingly, and John W. Young blast off April 16 from Cape Kennedy on a flight of nearly 255 hours.

  • Vietnam War was still ongoing; I lost 2 of my uncles; Larry Good died on June 5, 1967 & Dan Lash died after being sent home on Aug. 12, 1964

  • Richard M. Nixon was President

  • Sanford & Son" on NBC with Redd Foxx; "M*A*S*H" premieres on CBS.

  • The Polaroid SX-70 system unveiled in April produces a color print that develops outside the camera while the photographer watches.

  • "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" by Roberta Flack #1 on the US Hot 100 chart
  • J. Edgar Hoover & Harry S. Truman both died in 1972

  • Miss America: Laurie Lea Schaefer (Ohio)

  • McDonald's opens 368 new restaurants and introduces the Egg McMuffin

Credits: Raspberry Road


Day 27: Passion


Journaling: "My PASSION in Scrapbooking is to create pages that help me show people who I am by creating my Layouts I am Creating MY Path to the future, and exposing my past to all that look at my scrapbook albums. My identity is scattered within those pages of my layouts for all to see."

Credits: Star Doodles by Shabby Princess, Frame from the "Faded Frames" kit by Sasha Jane Designs & the paper is by Royanna Lea Fritschmann.

Day 28: My Everyday MUSE INSPIRATION



Journaling: "1. Children - I start my day caring for my beautiful children.2. Cleaning - when the kids are gone, I clean. UGH, I hate cleaning! I would rather be scrapping! 3. Scrapping - Oh my love, how I love to scrap! If I only could do it all day long!4. Pick up the kids and start being a referee, Ugh, can’t we all get along?!5. Cooking - I cook for my family, and I enjoy creating a dish and hear my husband and kids “ohh” & “ahhh” over that dish!"

Credits: Paper and butterfly by Royanna Lea Fritschmann

I hope you guys enjoy these Layouts!! Happy Scrapping!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great layouts, your journaling is great! I'm from 1972 too, so I can relate ;) Love seeing what other create, thanks for showing!

jillconyers said...

28 days! that is great! tfs your layouts :)

Anonymous said...

great layouts!

Linda said...

You were so cute in the first layout! And I love the time capsule idea. Great layouts!

Heather said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved your layouts - they are gorgeous. That being said, I mostly wanted you to know I will definitely pray for your dad!!