The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Deer Season... *whine*

Well, it's actually 1 o'clock in the morning, my sweet hubby left for his yearly hunting trip on Wednesday to his mom & dad's place up north. He waited until the boys got off the bus so he could say goodbye. All the kids really miss him, they prayed last night before bed that "daddy would be safe and not get himself shot." LOL


Like I said in previous post, I am happy that he gets to go and do one of his passions, I just HATE that he is not here at night! I can't sleep without him here, old fears return and freak me out. That's why it's after 1 am and I am still awake. Before he left he was packing his clothes and said to me, "You know I told my mom that I might not be able to go..." (he was waiting for a builder to pay him) "...and mom said that I couldn't miss, it would be the first time I ever missed opening day." I said, "well that wouldn't be the end of the world would it?" Totally ignoring my comment he says, "She's gonna be so happy." Oh my goodness!! I'm married to a "momma's boy!" Don't get me wrong, I love him and I know he loves me. And he is a great husband and father. I just wish ONCE he would choose me over his parents...
*******
Anyways I did get to get two Digi LOs done tonight. The first one I got from a blog that I stalk , she has a tutorial on how to create PHOTO LETTERS and I so wanted to try it out...but wanted to wait until I was alone to really go through it (thanks Sarah!). Her tutorial was for Photoshop CS, I have Photoshop CS3, so I had to check out the HELP in CS3 to get the changes...but the tutorial was AWESOME! I knew when I saw her LO of her and her husband in Disney World, that it would look awesome with the pics from our day at Comerica Park.

"Detroit Tigers": Baseball by SSS Daily Download 9/2007

*****

The second one is of our wedding pics. I have our 12x12 wedding photo album finished, but I thought I would try out doing them in Digital. I can't print them out in 12x12, I have to do them 8x8 - so when I print them out... I can get a nice 8x8 album and put them all in there. It's always nice to have another book somewhere right?? LOL

"Our Wedding": Kit by Raspberry Road

6 comments:

Darlene said...

I so get the whole hunting thing although this year DH is hunting on our property!

But he has worked OOT for about three years so I understand not being able to sleep!

Love that photo letters! Too cool!

Have a great day!

Sarah Coggins said...

Sherry, LOVE your LO!! So honored that you "stalk" me. :D LOL Glad to know my tutorial was helpful. Your letters came out so cool - perfect font. Great photo of you & DH!

~Sarah

Barbara Eastwick said...

Boys will be boys - every one has to have their "thing". I think he really does choose you over his mother - all the rest of the year! Great LOs!

Colleen said...

Good for you for getting those wedding pics scrapped! You did a great job with both layouts!

Love the prayer by the kids... And of course, hope your DH has a safe trip!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Your layouts are great! that cracked me up with the kids prayers!

Pearl Maple said...

Way cool use of photo letters and boys will be boys, they all have their 'thing'