The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Ramblings of a mad woman!! :) LOL

2 peas challenge: "What do you do with all of the things you write about?"
******
I ramble on and on sometimes, in my journals, in my blogs & in poetry. I've written poetry since I was in 5th grade...it runs in the family, all of my aunts, cousins, and even my grandparents & great grandparents.

Here's a poem I wrote for my hubby for our anniversary in 2006.

HIS HANDS

The touch of his hand
Is soft as the falling of the dusk at night.
The touch of his hand
Captivates my whole body.
To feel his touch is pure delight…
longing for his touch.

Just before sleep takes over
His comforting hand touches my back.
Just before sleep takes over
His tenderness makes me powerless.
Anticipating his caress…
demanding more of his touch.

In between midnight and dawn
In the safety of his arms.
In between midnight and dawn
Unrest, tears and fears are gone.
I’m seized by the charms…
Of his touch

3 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very descriptive and sensual, made me think about my Hubster. ;-) xoxo

Aimeslee Winans said...

OMGosh, just noticed your blog banner and I want to jack it. I love it! xoxo

Maureen said...

great poem.