The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Gramma

Hey guys, I am really missing my gramma right now. I found this pic about a year ago. I don't remember this pic being taking, it was taken in 1980 (I was 8 years old). Look at those nobby knees and those short shorts... AHHHH I wouldn't be in those now!!! And you know I don't remember EVER being that skinny!!
***


Gramma died June 23, 2000, and it was very quick, she just gave up. She lived 3 years without the love of her life, my grandpa (he died Aug. 3, 1997) and she just couldn't handle life without him, and got so sad without him around.



***


I completely understand that, my hubby is off to go hunting in 9 days... and I HATE hunting season!! This year he will be gone for only 6 days, but normally he is gone for about 11 to 12 days...and I don't sleep well, and I get really sad. I can't imagine being married for 60 years, and only were separated for the time that he was in service during World War 2, to suddenly be without the one you love. I was angry for a long time after she died, because she meant so much to me, but now I understand - at least a little bit. I miss her still...and always will.
***



Now... on to the 2 peas challenge: 10 reasons why you feel the need to write...



***
I think Journally is very important part of the LO, it tells the story and it enhances the page. On the same note, I don't journal on every LO, some don't need it, and if you do LOs on the same subject then after 2 pages theres not a lot of need for it after that.



***
Happy Scrapping!

Sherry

LO Goal = 325 pages; Total done to date = 169

2 comments:

Shirley Fyfe said...

Such lovely memories of your grandparents - thanks for sharing them!

Rachael said...

Hugs!! I miss my Grandmom too, she died almost 2 years ago.

What a great picture to remember though!