The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Dad, and thank you's

First off, I forgot to put this in my post for yestreday... (I didn't forget it, just didn't put it in my blog). On December 1, 1937 my daddy was born. He is 70 years old now. Man I can't believe it!!! This photo is my favorite of him, it's at my wedding March 13, 1993 at my in-laws house for the party after wards. Even though my dad and I haven't always gotten along, he is a pretty good dad. :) He has just gone through Kemo & Radiation because he has Lung Cancer, and they believe that they got 90% of the cancer out. YIPEE!! Hmmm.... a little bit about my dad. He is the oldest of 6 kids, born to farmers. He served in the US Army, was stationed in Germany. He has 3 kids, my oldest brother Rick, my sister Kerry and me. He use to sell fishing equipement. You know how we have Tupperware parties, he use to be the "consultant" and have "fishing" parties. He was really good at it too, sold lots of stuff. I remember going to some and helping him set them up and be his "Vanna White" as he would call me. He also spent some time as a clown. Yep my dad was a clown. He has a photo of him as a clown, that I am trying to get him to let me barrow to scan, and he isn't letting go just yet. I know he will never read this as he NEVER gets online... but HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!! And just to let you all know, I did call him and wish him a happy birthday too. ;)

Now, I would like it if ya'll went to this website http://www.letssaythanks.com/, it's something cool that Xerox is doing If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq . You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to some member of the armed services. How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!! This is a great site. Please send a card. It is FREE and it only takes a few seconds. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these? Whether you are for or against the war, our guys and gals over there need to know we are behind them...


To end, here some more pics of my dad...


To the above is him in the Army. I love this pic also.



Below is a pic of dad as a baby. Dad holding the puppy (left) & his cousin Della (right).

7 comments:

April said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! I am off to check out the link about the soldiers:)

Sarah Coggins said...

Wonderful photos! A belated happy birthday to your dad! Great news about the cancer treatment - I hope he continues to receive positive reports. :)

toners said...

Happy birthday to your dad! Sending positive vibes for continued successful treatment! :)

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

How Sweet is this...I will definitly be back. Makes me miss my dad!!!

Darlene said...

Happy Birthday to your dad!! Best wishes and prayers for his cancer. How nice it is to have such great vintage pictures.

Staci said...

Happy belated birthday to your dad! :-)

Maureen said...

Happy Birthday to your dad. Love seeing the old photos