The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Reflections...

Hello Friends. It's such a difficult experience when a parent dies. The one who gave me life, someone who was an undeniable part of my existence is now gone. It feels like part of me is gone. Whatever the relationship, it's very hard to say good-bye. My mother and I have not talked in 7 years, and before that our relationship was rocky. I know I have said that I made peace with her since my grandmother's death in June, so I wont repeat that whole story. I have said for such a long time that I would not be upset when she dies... guess what I am. I thought it was just that I was tired, but I'm not tired anymore, and I am still weepy, space out at times & just plain don't want to do anything. She was my mom, no matter what she has done in the past, she gave me life, and even though I felt rejected by her most of my life - she really did love me (I have a shoe box of photos to prove that). Here are a few LO's I did yestreday, hoping that I could get back to feeling normal.

LO #1 : "Mom"


Credit for the above LO: Raspberry Road (This was a Quick Page that she was selling, but the paper and elements were free to download, so I copied the Quick Page LO. I thought this was perfectly elegant for my mother's pics.)


LO #2 : "Three Generations Together"

Journaling: "Three Generations here together, in a photo for all to see, Happens only so rarely, but luckily to me. Learning from each other, no matter what their age. Living our family history, here on this scrapbook page. A moment in time to treasure, and be remembered by one and all. Will mean so much to those in this picture, especially those so very small. For time goes by so quickly, like millions of grains of sand. And there'll be times when you wish, you could just once more hold onto their hand. But when you miss their smiling faces, and can't remember how they look, Here will be their picture,treasured inside my book."
Credit for the above:
Raspberry Road


LO #3 "Santa 1974"




Credit for the above: Raspberry Road (This was a Quick Page, but I added the Christmas Tree & the Gingerbread man from another Raspberry Road kit)



LO # 4 "Daughters are..." I did two LOs of this, can't decide which I like better... please leave comments and tell me which one you like better. :)




Credit for the above: Raspberry Road

5 comments:

Monica said...

Your Layouts are beautiful! I know that must have been very hard to create these.. but you did it! Kudos to you! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope you will have peace and good memories of your time with your Mom.

Maureen said...

Beautiful layouts. I'm sure its hard to make this with all the emotions your dealing with right now. I'm thinking of you everyday and pray your ok. If ya get a chance get a hold of me this weekend. We can talk then HUGS

Sarah Coggins said...

Your layouts are gorgeous! I hope working on them is therapeutic for you. Hold onto those happy memories and let them fill your heart. ((HUGS))

toners said...

Very nice layouts. I bet that creating them will be very therapeutic for you, although difficult. Thinking of you.

Janet said...

Those are all wonderful layouts. Scrapbooking can be a great way to work through emotions, including grief that you are feeling. You'll be so happy you have these beautiful layouts. Janet