The rarest kind of love, to surrender yourself completely to your heart, to trust in it fully, to believe in it without doubting, to let it guide your life....

Saturday, December 08, 2007

...something good...

Well, my brother gave me a bunch of photos of me as a baby, most of them is before the age of 2, and lived in Virginia. Most of them I have never seen. Like this one with the horse. The horse's name was Flame (my brother's called him Blaze) on November 4, 1973.


I really excited about all the photos. I have a whole shoebox full of photos of me, my mom & some other family members. It's so cool to see all those OLD photos.
****************************

The visitation for my mother is on Sunday from Noon to 3 and 5 to 9; and the funeral is Monday at 11 AM. Things are close to crazy with my brothers. I just want to get through all of this with the least amount of DRAMA! I'm just glad that I have one day to be with my kids and husband.

****************************

Here is a final photo that is in the box of photos. I don't know what year it must of been about Christmas 1974.

Santa looks a little different than I remember... LOL

5 comments:

Raquel said...

I recently received some old family photos also. They just seem to give you a good feeling when you look at them.

Sarah Coggins said...

So glad you received the wonderful gift of those childhood photos. I've been thinking about you this weekend.

Maureen said...

I'm glad you received the shoebox of photos.

Hope things will go without much drama for you these next few days. PLease know that if you need to talk or just vent I'm here for you. HUGS

toners said...

I was thinking of you today. I know the next few days are going to be hard. ((hugs!))

Darlene said...

How nice to receive those pics, I hope they bring you some comfort.

I completely understand the drama aspect of this sad situation~~my dad just died back in March, and there's always something that has to be dramatized instead of just grieving and remembering your loved one.

Thinking of you